World Cultural Heritage Site at the Völklingen Ironworks GmbH
European Centre for Art and Industry Culture,
Rathausstraße 75 - 79
66333 Völklingen, Germany.
To be referred to in the following as “World Cultural Heritage Site”
§ 1 General
The World Cultural Heritage Site at the Völkingen Ironworks is a former industrial site. We request our visitors to abide by the necessary care in traffic for a visit to an industrial site.
§ 2 Safety Regulations
(1) The safety of guests to the World Cultural Heritage Site is of great importance to the World Cultural Heritage Site. Due to safety reasons it is imperative that the visitors’ escort instructions are followed. Furthermore we wish to point out that in certain facilities of the World Cultural Heritage Site it is compulsory to wear a helmet. Entrance to these designated facilities is only possible when one adheres to the rule of wearing a helmet. Our visitors can obtain a helmet at the entrance to each of the designated facilities.
(2) Due to adverse weather conditions (rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow etc.) splashing water can result in slippery conditions on the World Cultural Heritage Site grounds. As a result visitors will be notified to take the necessary precautions and care throughout the entire grounds and to wear sensible, closed, non-slip footwear wear and to avoid walking too quickly or running and to use the hand rails provided.
(3) Due to safety reasons touching and climbing of machines and exhibits is not permitted.
(4) Due to safety reasons employees of the World Cultural Heritage Site are allowed to inspect all bags and containers the visitor has brought with them. The refusal of the inspection of bags and containers brought by the visitor establishes refusal of the right to admission to the World Cultural Heritage Site. The visitor is not allowed to bring any umbrellas, coats, items of luggage and bags with dimensions exceeding 20x30cm into the grounds of the World Cultural Heritage Site. For a deposit items can be stored securely in our lockers situated in the foyer.
(5) The carrying of weapons or dangerous objects (pistols, knives, chains, knuckle-dusters etc.) is forbidden on the World Cultural Heritage grounds.
(6) The bringing in of bicycles, scooters, skateboards, roller-skates, ice-skates etc., is also forbidden on safety grounds.
(7) Visitors must not leave the paths. Security fences, security barriers, fences and walls must not be climbed over. The World Cultural Heritage Site is not liable for any injuries incurred on the specially designated operating and personnel roads due to breach of legal duty to maintain safety.
§ 3 Rules of Conduct and Rules of Use
(1) Wanton noisiness and loud volumes of music machines is forbidden. Repeated breaches authorise the World Cultural Heritage Site to expel the visitors from the World Cultural Heritage grounds without the visitor having, in this instance, any claim for compensation.
(2) The wearing of outer clothing and shoes is required.
(3) Bringing animals into the grounds of the World Cultural Heritage Site is forbidden. Exempted from this are animals that are used as seeing-eye dogs, care dogs and search animals.
(4) Guided tours through the World Cultural Heritage Site at the Völklingen Ironworks and its exhibitions can only be carried out by employees of the World Cultural Heritage Site.
(5) The World Cultural Heritage Site is under protection as a historical monument. We request you to have understanding for this and see to it that all food and drink brought to the site is only consumed in the designated picnic and rest areas. Please use these conveniences on offer.
(6) Photography shot on the grounds of the World Cultural Heritage Site for advertising or profit-making purposes is absolutely forbidden; amateur hobby photographers must fill out a form that is available to them at the cash desk. Photography used for promotional or profit purposes on the grounds of the World Cultural Heritage Site can only take place with the express permission of the World Cultural Heritage Site and only when accompanied by a World Cultural Heritage Site employee. Written permission from the World Cultural Heritage Site is to be carried by the visitor at all times and is to be produced upon demand by the World Cultural Heritage or its employees. In the exhibitions of the World Cultural Heritage Site all photography, with or without a flash, is strictly forbidden.
(7) The fire safety regulations on the grounds of the World Cultural Heritage Site must be obeyed without exception. The grilling of food in the parking areas is absolutely forbidden. Smoking is forbidden when using all of the facilities.
(8) We would like to point out to our visitors that First Aid administered by our trained personnel is not a substitute for possible medical treatment by a qualified doctor.
(9) Insofar as the visitor has been issued with an audio guide for the visit to the World Cultural Heritage Site the visitor is obliged to return the machine before leaving the grounds.
§ 4 Limitation of Liability
(1) We are liable for all damages caused by culpable violation of an obligation that is essential to the contract as well as the damages which are attributable to gross negligence or deliberate acts. We are not liable for unforeseeable and atypical damages caused by the violation of an obligation that is essential to the contract which cannot be attributed to gross negligence or deliberate acts. Our liability for fatalities, personal injury or impairment of health remains unaffected.
(2) The World Cultural Heritage Site is not liable for objects handed over to employees of the World Cultural Heritage Site or left on the grounds. No liability is accepted for all objects, such as for instance, (among others), mobile phones, cameras, jewellery etc., which have been damaged or destroyed or lost during use at one of the attractions.
Valuable objects can be secured in lockers at the foyer for a deposit.
(3) When individual facilities are out of service, for example due to maintenance work, examinations by the Technical Control Board (TÜV), force majeure or adverse weather conditions admission fees cannot be refunded.
§5 Filming and photo shootings for promotional purposes
Sound, film, and/or TV recordings are regularly carried out in the grounds of the World Cultural Heritage Site. Upon entering the grounds of the World Cultural Heritage Site the visitor consents to the creation and reproduction, distribution and their being made available to the public in the form of lectures and other potential performing opportunities in sound, film and/or TV recordings of his person without being able to demand any remuneration thereof.
We inform the visitor that the grounds of the World Cultural Heritage Site are under video surveillance. All personal data will be collected and processed in the context of the data protection law of the Federal Republic of Germany in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
§ 6 Householder’s Rights
The World Cultural Heritage site is authorized to expel from the grounds without any compensation any person or persons who have contravened the house rules or have been encountered on the grounds of the World Cultural Heritage Site without a legitimate entrance ticket.
Anyone harassing another visitor or visitors, contravenes the existing instructions for use of or restrictions regarding the facilities and grounds and/or fails to comply with the regulations of the World Cultural Heritage Site or its employees or the rules signposted and interferes in any another way can be expelled from the grounds without any claim to refund of the entrance fee.
Date: 1st april 2012